Hiya guys. I got tagged by the lovely Jeann @ Happy Indulgence a while back and I’ve finally gotten around to doing it! (I know, I’m super behind on this…but I was on holidays, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it).
What are your top three book pet hates?
- Bad, bad insta-love. oh and to make things worst, love triangle insta love. ):
- Spineless lead characters. For gosh sakes, stop whining and go do something about it!!
- Cope out endings. I love happy endings, but I’d rather have an ending that “sad” and makes sense than no sense at all to the rest of the book. That being said having “shocking” endings for the sake of shock value is a big no-no too.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
- Anywhere were I can bask in sunlight! Be that a beach, or in a big comfy chair inside. (I’m like a cat that way, lol)
Tell us three book confessions.
- I’m still embarrassed by some of the ridiculous covers of HR (despite loving them). I’m a little embarrass when the librarian sees me signing out a HR with a cover that consists of lots male (or female) chest, flowing hair and scandalous poses. I also read on the bus a lot. I don’t want people to judge me. Hallelujah for e-readers!
- I still don’t know some of the abbreviations used in the book/blogger world. PNR? Paranormal romance? Is it that easy? H/h?
- I always end up looking for the/a romance sub-plot in books. Even if there’s no reason for it. I just always want someone to have a cute romance, so I just sort start thinking, “oh they make a cute couple” and try very hard to make something from nothing (then I get disappointed when nothing comes from it haha).
When was the last time you cried during a book?
- I usually don’t cry during reading (or watching movies really…the one that always gets me is Lion King!) but I think the last book that brought the sniffles was definitely Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein…which I mean, it’s a book set during the war about two best friends, of course it’s asking for water works.
How many books are on your bedside table?
- Hmm, usually there’s only one or two, the one(s) I’m reading, or most likely my Kindle.
What is your favourite snack whilst your reading?
- Goldfish or some sorta crackers. And tea! And fresh fruits.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
To only pick three is super hard…arg.
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- The Princess Bride William Goldman
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer / Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C Wrede (I’m surprised I only snuck one extra rec, ha.)
Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase.
Umm… here’s my “display” shelf, AKA the spot for my new books or really pretty cover books that I want to show off. Though the shelf is in my room, so it’s really just for me. Also, a peek a the top shelf with a few of my favourite series! I just organize by books by author so it’s hard to pick a favourite shelf, haha.
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
- Place of discovery
What is your biggest reading secret?
- Sometimes I read the ending first…just so I know if it’s worth going through the rest of the book…
TAG – You’re it!
Okay, so I have no idea who has and hasn’t done it yet, so I shall tag some peeps, feel free to do it, or if you already have link me up! And if I didn’t tag you but you still wanna do it, go for it! Because I would love to see your answers (:
- Rachel @ Cuts of Paper
- Jess @ The Reading Rook Reviews
- Kirsty @ Studio Reads
- Allie @ Little Birdie Books
- Amiee @ Deadly Darlings
a bum a student again. A master’s student…oooh. procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.