Hi guys, welcome to Book Munchies’ Musing about Things: A Discussion (Post). Inspired by memes such as Should Be Reading‘s Musing Monday & Caffeinated Book Reviewer‘s Caffeinated Confessions (etc.), this is a Book Munchies discussion post, where I’ll be rambling about (mostly) book-related things and hopefully you guys will join in on the fun too (:
So today’s topic is: Summer Reads!!
Okay, so it’s been officially summer for a week (and two days) now! And you know what that means!
More time for reading! (or at least hopefully!)
This is the time of year that I usually try to “catch up” on my TBR list. Usually it’s the July/August ARCs that I have on my list, but I feel like the summer time is when I also branch away from that and try to catch up on my “reallllly old TBR list”, you know which ones I’m talking about. The one’s that have been just waiting and waiting on your shelf for you to pick it up and read it. Yeaaaah, that list is long.
THE BOOK THAT NEEDS TO BE READ
This is the one I need to attempt to finish this summer. I’m reaaaaaaallllly hoping to finish off George R.R. Martin’s A Clash of Kings. I’ve been almost done for far too long now, oops. (Which means I’m also super behind on the TV show, because I was wanting to read the books first before watching, lol). I’ve been lunging this one to the beach for a while now.
THE PERFECT BEACH READS
I tend to binge read quite a bit in the summer time. I don’t know if it’s the extra daylight we get or what but nothing beats catching some rays with a good book (and maybe a good snack on top of that). Oh and there’s always one type that I usually love for my perfect beach reads. I love nothing more than cute, fluffy romantic comedy in the summer time. The more refreshingly adorable, the better. Because you know summer lovin’ had me a blast~
Here are five recommendations for ” (my) perfect beach reads” that I’ve read this year!
CAN’T WAIT FOR SUMMER READS
Okay so here are 5 “beach” reads (that are released this summer) that I’m hoping to get in!
1. Magnolia: Okay this one is a bit cheating, since I need to read it for a blog tour, but it is a neighbour romance and a hate-to-love romance!
2. Just Like the Movies: This one’s a cheat too, since I need to review it. But really, this book basically screeeeeeams summer timeeeeeeee~ reeaaaad meeeeee!
3. Ruin and Rising: So this one doesn’t really fit my “typical summer read’ but! It’s the last book in the series & I’m so excited for the finale!
4. Landline: I just picked this one up! It’s Rainbow Rowell so you know it’ll be full of heart and cuteness.
5. Isla and the Happily Ever After: More Stephanie Perkins! If there’s anyone who does awesome adorable “summer” reads, it’s her.
Anyway! What are your guys’ summer reads? Do you make a special list or just keep chugging along with your TBR?
Do you have certain types of genre that you just love to read in the summer time?
What are your can’t wait to read books this summer!
a bum OT, procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.