Hi guys, welcome to Book Munchies’ Musing about Things: A Discussion (Post). Inspired by memes such as Books and a Beat‘s Musing Monday & Caffeinated Book Reviewer‘s Caffeinated Confessions (etc.), this is a Book Munchies discussion post, where I’ll be rambling about (mostly) book-related things and hopefully you guys will join in on the fun too (:
1. I tend to buy books with pretty covers and never read them.
2. Despite having so many bookmarks, sometimes I get too lazy to use one and will dog ear the pages.
3. Sometimes I will wait for paperbacks to come out because of the pretty cover changes and not because they are cheaper than hard covers (okay, sometimes because they are also cheaper than the hard covers)..
4. While I love going to book fests I can never bring myself to go to an author signing at the bookstores because my introvert-ness will kick in and say nope not gonna happen.
5. Even if I didn’t like one of the author’s books before I usually give the author another chance because the summary of their next book sounds like my jam.
6. I dislike books to movie adaptations because they’re almost always 95% wrong of the times.
7. I like going to bookish events for mostly the swag. Bookish swag is always the best.
8. I’ll most likely end up reading the sequels even if I didn’t like the first book because maybe they’ll improve with the next book, right?
9. It makes me sad when people pick up a book because they heard there was gonna be a movie and it got them super curious. (PS Okay I’m one of them…sometimes, but I only read it because the emotional factor in books is different than in movies.)
10. I rarely cry when I’m reading and apparently just make “weird” faces at the super emotional scenes.
So, I own it to my confessions and now it’s your turn. What are some of your bookworm confessions?