It’s that time of year again! Thanks to Rachel @ Reading YA Rocks, Jaime @ Two Chicks on Books, Mindy @ Magical Urban Fantasy Reads & Nancy @ Tales of a Ravenous Reader for hosting the TOP TEN OF 2014!
So today’s topic is Top Ten Best Book Covers of 2014; I’m such a sucker for pretty covers. So here are my favourite covers of books released in 2014 that I’ve actually read and at the very bottom will be honourable mentions for ones I haven’t read but still love the covers for (: So in order of when I happened to read them:
BEST BOOK COVERS in 2014
(01) Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge – Such a pretty detailed cover, right! Fits the Beauty and Beast inspired story perfectly.
(02) Cress by Marissa Meyer – This series never fails to amaze me with it’s prettiness.
(03) The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski – so I know pretty dress books are a bit overdone, but this one, she actually wears it in the book. Win. Also, such a pretty colour. And I love the placement of the title. I’m kind of sad the second book isn’t like this.
(04) The Crown and the Ring by Melissa de la Cruz – My gosh, the gorgeous colours!
(05) My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal – Love that it’s a bit different than most books with girls faces.
(06) The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – For realz, pretty colours will always win me over. Also, under the dust jacket is the most gorgeous dark teal-ish colour.
(07) Landline by Rainbow Rowell – minimalist is always a win for me.
(08) Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas – Badass heroine in badass colours. And the back is awesome, too.
(09) Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine – Love the simplicity and the translucent look.
(10) This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – People in space, what’s not to love.
Honourable Mentions; (3 I didn’t read, and one I did!)
Remember to link me up to your top ten!
a bum a student again. A master’s student…oooh. procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.