So today’s topic is 10 Best Books I’ve Read in 2016 (Doesn’t have to be released in 2016, just a book you’ve read in 2016). I’m super terrible at actually ranking my top ten, so here’s favourite in order of then I read them:
BEST BOOKS I’VE READ in 2016
(01) A Gathering of Shadows by V.E Schwab [my review]: This was a magical read! Kell and Lila seriously made me very happy and I loved the all the secondary characters so much! I loved all the spectacularness of this sequel and I can’t wait got book 3!
(02) Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes [my review]: What a great story about a girl who struggles with PTSD and a coming of age story. Heartwarming, realistic and optimistic in all the best ways.
(03) My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jody Meadows [my review]: This one caught me by surprise, I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I did. It’s such a fun, silly, and enjoyable read! I loved this wacky re-telling of Lady Jane Grey.
(04) If I Only Had a Duke by Lenora Bell [my review]: Such a cute, shenanigan-y HR romance! It’s got letters, and road trips and silliness and an adorable unexpected couple! This book definitely needs more love! Go forth and read it!
(05) The Hating Game by Sally Thorne: The epitome of the hate-to-love romance trope. There’s just something about these pair of weirdos that I love some much. This was a perfect slow-burning office romance! I still need to write an actual review; unsure how to express my love for it.
(07) Promise of Fire (and Breath of Fire) by Amanda Bouchet [my review]:What a fabulous action-packed fantasy romance! This series is totally worth jumping on the bandwagon for! There’s the tension-filled romance! And the hilariously slightly awkward heroine. And the overly-confident swoony hero. And the fabulous entourage! And the magic! What more could you need?
(08) Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo [my review]: This book. I don’t even know. My poor heart. It was brilliant in so many ways. The characters are amazing. The story is engaging. The snark is on full force. It made me grin and giggle, gasp and cry. It really brought all the feels, so many feels.
(09) Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff [my review]: Companion book to Illumiae, it was an amazing space action adventure read. It was a bit of emotional roller-coaster (in a good way), that usually had me going “Whaaaat?!?!? Noooo waaay” a lot of time. Such fun.
(10) The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury: I was pretty wary going into this book, I’ve been burned before by an Aladdin retelling before. But this was lovely and so satisfying. The romance was done so well and I loved the voice of the jinn. Also, awesome girl power in this book.
Remember to link me up to your top ten!
PS! Don’t forget to enter THE MIDWINTER’S EVE blog hop to win a book!
a bum OT, procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.