Hi guys, welcome to Book Munchies’ Musing about Things: A Discussion (Post). Inspired by memes such as A Daily Rhythm‘s Musing Monday & Caffeinated Book Reviewer‘s Caffeinated Confessions (etc.), this is a Book Munchies discussion post, where I’ll be rambling about (mostly) book-related things and hopefully you guys will join in on the fun too (:
Ahoy guys! In honour of Valentine’s day, Jackie and I are teaming up and doing romance themed discussions for February! ❤ Romance is awesome, but do you know what could possibly be better than OTPs? Bromance and girlmance!
So today’s topic is: OTPs, Bromances & Girlmances
Describes the complicated love and affection shared by two straight males.
Bromance, love it. I love romance no doubt about it, but sometimes a great friendship is just as lovely. I especially have a soft spot for bromances because why can’t guys have super BBFs that they’ll do anything for?
And in honour of Galentine’s Day where ladies celebrate ladies! We’re sharing our favourite girlmance, too! Too often, girls are always pitted against each other, with cat fights and jealousy and fighting over guys. It’s really too bad girl friendships aren’t highlighted more in book because every girl needs a best friend to depend on.
Remember, like Leslie says:
Bromance/Girlmance we love:
1. Cinder and Iko from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
“I’m literally broken.”
Iko settled a hand on Cinder’s shoulder’s “Yeah, but broken isn’t the same as unfixable.”
2. Dorian and Chaol from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
He looked at his friend, perhaps for the last time, and said what he had always known, from the moment they’d met, when he’d understood that the prince was his brother in soul. “I love you.”
3. Safiya and Iseult from Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Why not just me?”
“Because ‘just me’ isn’t who we are,” Iseult hollered back. “I’ll always follow you, Safi, and you’ll always follow me. Threadsisters to the end.”
4. Kell and Rhy from A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
“A fine idea,” said Rhy. “But no. We must go out, you see, because we’re on a mission.”
“Oh?” asked Kell.
“Yes. Because unless you plan to wed me yourself—and don’t get me wrong, I think we’d make a dashing pair—I must try and find a mate.”
5. Cinder and Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (Technically a guy/girl relationship, but they are the platonic friendship that wins everything.)
A relieved grin filled up Thorne’s face. “We’re having another moment, aren’t we?”
“If by a moment, you mean me not wanting to strangle you for the first time since we met, then I guess we are.”
1. Reagen and Dee from Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
2. Cinder and Iko from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
3. Paul and Theo from the Firebird series by Claudia Grey
4. Mia and Kim from If I Stay by Gayle Forman
5. Augustus and Isaac from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
But because in the end, Jackie and I still love our romance, here’s some of our favourite OTPs!
OTPs we love:
Cyn: (I’m just sitting with YA novels, or else list will get very out of hand!)
1. Cress and Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
“I’ll find you,” Thorne whispered. He pressed a hasty kiss against her mouth, wrapping her hand around something heavy and warm. “Be heroic”. (Winter)
2. Sybella and Beast from Dark Triumph by R.L. LaFever
I want you to be with me for the right reasons. Not because you feel you must or because you fear we will die, but because you want it with your heart and your body.
3. Krestel and Arin from The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
“But am I your enemy?” Arin crossed the space between them. Softly, he repeated, “Am I?” […]
“You’re not mine” Arin said.
And kissed her.
4. Caymen and Xander from The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
“Is that your subtle way of saying you missed me last week?”
“I’ve missed my hot chocolate. I just think of you as the guy who brings it to me. Sometimes I forget your name and call you hot chocolate guy.”
5. Em and Finn from All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
“I don’t know. Will you be able to catch me if I fall?”
“Doubt it,” he says, “but I’ll let you land on top of me. I’ll make a nice squooshy landing.”
I smile. “My hero.”
1. Tarver and Lilac from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner
I choose her. I choose whatever world has her in it.
2. Day and June from the Legend series by Marie Lu
Then Day reaches out and touches my hand with his. He encloses it in a handshake. And just like that, I am linked with him again, I feel the pulse of our bond and history and love through our hands, like a wave of magic, the return of a long lost friend.
3. Cath and Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
“Just because people will be drinking doesn’t mean they’ll be drunk. I won’t be drunk.”
“I don’t need to go to a party to talk to you. Did Reagan tell you to invite me?”
4. Wesley and Mac from The Archived series by Victoria Schwab
“What’s so wrong with you?” he asks. “I quite like you.” And then, a moment later, he adds, “I just can’t believe I lost to a skinny blond guy with a knife.”
5. Percy and Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
“We’re staying together,” he promised. “You’re not getting away from me. Never again.”
Are you fans of bromance/girlmance? Let us know what some of your favourite BroTPs and GalOTPs are!
Let us know what are some of your favourite romances, too!
a bum a student again. A master’s student…oooh. procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.