The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Hello there, it’s Jackie,
Why does the week feel really slow when you get back from vacation even though Monday was a holiday? However I’m glad that there was a lot of work to keep me busy at work so it made the week go by slightly faster. Australia was an interesting little country. Like people there aren’t phase at all by animals. Like a giant bird wanders around near you looking for food is no biggie. Me? I’m like omg, what if he fights me for my food? Must get away. Yup, you can probably tell that I’m an American if I move around a bunch of times. I’m not talking about pigeon sized birds. Those are tiny. Anyways Australia is also eco-friendly, which I’m a bit surprised about. Being an eco-friendly country means convenience though. We did a lot of tourist-y things like visit the Melbourne Zoo, the Sydney Opera House, and caught the Penguin Parade (yup, it’s a thing that exists and it’s adorable when they all come up the shore and you expect them to sing like in the movie Happy Feet…nope? Maybe that’s just me.). Anyways I don’t think I’d go back any time soon, but I really want to go to New Zealand next just to see sheep and Hobbits.
✖ Musing About Things: Neighbourly Love trope
✖ Teaser Tuesday: I’m not your Manic Pixie Dream Girl
✖ “Waiting” On Wednesday: The Upside of Unrequited
✖ Cover Reveal: Chasing Christmas Eve
✖ RRSReview: Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas
✖ Review: Caraval by Stephanie Garber
✖ Musing Monday?
✖ Teaser Tuesday!
✖ Waiting on Wednesday: It’s a surprise!
✖ Romantic Thursday?
✖ Review from Cyn?
✖ Review from Jackie???
✖ Forever 1!??!!?
There was a lot of rereading done during this vacation. Actually I am surprised how much I read during this vacation compared to last.
1. The Epic Adventures of Lydia Bennet by Kate Rorick and Rachel Kiley: 5 of 5 stars
2. [reread] Brightest Kind of Darkest by P.T. Michelle: 3 of 5 stars
3. [reread] Lucid by P.T. Michelle: 3 of 5 stars
4. [reread] Destiny by P.T. Michelle: 3 of 5 stars
5. [reread] Desire by P.T. Michelle: 3 of 5 stars
6. Awaken by P.T. Michelle: 3 of 5 stars
7. Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland: 4 of 5 stars
8. [reread] A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab: 5 of 5 stars
Stacking the Shelves post! Hosted by Tynga’s Reviews, Stacking the Shelves is a chance to showcase new books, ones checked out from the library, bought, won or received for review.
Surprisingly I didn’t buy a lot of books while in Australia. I did get a couple of books before my trip and was excited for my preorders to arrive.
1. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
2. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
3. Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton
4. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab [ebook]
5. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab [ebook]
6. A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab [ebook]
7. The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro [ebook]