The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Hey guys!! I’m back from travels hope you didn’t miss me too much (; I know Kim and Jackie kept you guys well entertained. I’m both happy and sad to be home (and also a bit jet-legged, boo). I did managed to read quite a few boos during my travels and hopefully I can get some reviews up for them. Maybe I’ll do some more Books and Muchies posts to share my food pictures again…though I don’t think I finished all my reviews for that trip, oops. Haha.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Hi all! I’ve been feeling a bit lazy about reviewing books lately. Especially since I’ve been wanting to do nothing but watch movies after my work day is over. Sometimes there are books that I have a lot of things I want to say and then there are those books where I have only one or two sentences I have to say about it. I guess this is where Twitter is handy. With only 140 characters it’s easy to say you either enjoyed the book or didn’t. I mean Twitter is like a blog, but you can’t blog much about a book with 140 characters…or can you?
✖ Musing About Things or Book Tag!
✖ Teaser Tuesday: !?!? Whatever I happen to read!
✖ Maybe romantic Tuesday?
✖ Waiting on Wednesday: It’s a surprise!
✖ Review! Dark Deception
✖ Another Review! by Jackie!
✖ Forever 1!??!!?
The READS & Announcements
(Books I read on my trip!)
1. Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman [my review]
2. The Taking by Kimberly Derting [my review]
3. Royally Lost by Angie Stanton [2 stars]
4. Searching for Perfect by Jennifer Probst [my review]
5. The Break Up Artist by Philip Siegel [my review]
6. The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt [my review]
7. The Unexpected Duchess by Valerie Bowman [4 stars]
8. It Takes a Scandal by Caroline Linden [4 stars]
9. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart [my review]
10. The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes [my review]
11. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson [4.5 stars]
12. The Giver by Lois Lowry [4 stars]
13. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent [4 stars]
Jackie’s Read/Currently reading:
1. There Will Come a Time by Carrie Arcos
1. Hi guys! I’m (Cyn) back!
2. There’s a giveaway on the blog (US/CAN)! Win a signed copy of My Last Kiss (and cool swag).
Things to follow!
Stacking the Shelves post! Hosted by Tynga’s Reviews, Stacking the Shelves is a chance to showcase new books, ones checked out from the library, bought, won or received for review.
Apparently I couldn’t resist requesting a few books on Netgalley while I was away…
A few romances, because I never could resist. I quite enjoyed my first Jennifer Haymore book (The Rogue’s Proposal), and I just finished the The Scoundrel’s Seduction, which was a lovely read. I almost forgot that Katie MacAlister did HR! It’s been a while since I’ve read her stuff. Julia London’s The Trouble with Honor annoyed the daylights out of me, but I’m hoping Honor’s sister Grace, will do better.
Of course I couldn’t resist Just Like the Movies, it is year of the YA contemporaries, it just looks too cute. And Stitching Snow!!! It’s a sci-fi Snow White retelling, I think. For realz, it sounds amazing.
I’m trying very hard not to get many books these days because sometimes I can’t just finish them in time before the due date or I’d borrow a pile of DVDs and I end up watching movies instead of reading.
Borrowed from the Library:
Now and Forever by Susane Colassanti
a bum a student again. A master’s student…oooh. procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.