So today’s topic is 10 Best Book Covers of 2012; I swoon for a good looking cover (no matter the inside; yes I’m shallow like that sometimes). So these are favourite covers of books released in 2012 that I’ve actually read and at the very bottom will be honourable mentions for ones I haven’t read but still love the covers for (: So here we go in no particular. (Ps. Can you catch the popular theme of covers of 2012, at least in my list anyway!)
(01) Ironskin by Tina Connally; Gorgeous dress is gorgeous.
(02) Princess of the Silver Wood by Jessica Day George; Perfect use of the red riding hood!
(03) Cinder by Melissa Meyer; Definitely one of my favourite of the year! The x-ray cyborg foot in the (red) glass slipper. Perfection.
(04) Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff; There’s actually two gorgeous covers for this but I prefer the American edition just a liiiittle more. It’s all in the details.
(05) Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake; Another wonderful cover with Anna. So perfectly detailed and really knows how to embrace nightmares.
(06) The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke; I love the Arabian feel.
(07) Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers; She has a crossbow, that basically means you’re badass.
(08) Undeadly by Michele Vail; I just really like the use of dark tones and the overlay of grey lace.
(09) Insurgent by Veronica Roth; Love the colouring.
(10) Venom by Fiona Paul (NZ version); I like the American version with the gorgeous purple mask, but I just love the full dress and Venice int the background in this version.
Honourable Mentions: (The ones that I haven’t read yet, but I’d probably read because of the gorgeous cover).
And the popular theme is: The Splash of Red! In case anyone is wondering, the colour red tends to be very popular because it really grabs your attention better than most colours (ie. like bulls and the colour red). It’s a evolutionary thing. (I just spent an entire semester learning about neuroscience of perception and attention, so it still leaks out now and than into the real world haha).
a bum a student again. A master’s student…oooh. procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.