So today’s topic is Top Ten Best Book Covers of 2013; I love nothing more than a pretty cover. So here are my favourite covers of books released in 2013 that I’ve actually read and at the very bottom will be honourable mentions for ones I haven’t read but still love the covers for (: So in order of when I happened to read them:
(01) Winterblaze by Kristen Callihan – This was the reason why I even ever discovered/read the darkest London series. This gorgeous cover!
(02) Blaze (or Love in the Time of Supervillian) by Laurie Boyle Crompton – I like the text and the colour and hair.
(03) Scarlet by Marissa Meyer – Another winner for the Lunar Chronicles! Love it! A perfect red-riding hood.
(04) Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger – Simple yet perfectly themed for the steampunk/gear look. I love the & sign incorporated into the title.
(05) Seraphina by Rachel Hartman – I love the details the cover and it fits the feel of the book so well. I’m a big fan of the purple version especially the “S” that has a cool dragon feel to it.
(06) Cinnamon and Gunpowder by Eli Brown – okay, another one of those books where I totally would have read it simple for the cover, because damn, I love this soooo much. [The book is also super awesome. Badass female pirate + chef + high seas adventures = awesome]
(07) The Distance Between Us by Kasie West – I like the fonts! And the colour. And her shoes. I may have bought shoes just like them…
(08) These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – So pretty right!? The dress! The pretty stars!
(09) The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine – The cover is just so cute, the font is cute too.
(10) The Program by Suzanne Young – I just really like the simplicity of it. The yellow jumpers with the stark white background
Honourable Mentions; (aka, books I haven’t read; but would for the cover…and you know the story, except Entwined, which actually did read, but wanted to share b/c it’s too pretty)
a bum a student again. A master’s student…oooh. procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.