It’s that time of year again! Thanks to Rachel @ Reading YA Rocks, Jaime @ Two Chicks on Books, Mindy @ Magical Urban Fantasy Reads & Nancy @ Tales of a Ravenous Reader for hosting the TOP TEN OF 2014!
So today’s topic is 10 Best Books I’ve Read in 2014 (Doesn’t have to be released in 2014, just a book you’ve read in 2014). I would drive myself crazy if I actually tried rank my top ten, so here’s favourite in order of then I read them:
BEST BOOKS I’VE READ in 2014
(01) Romancing the Rake [my review] & Say Yes to the Marquess [Kim’s review] by Tessa Dare – Okay I cheated here a bit, but both books are from the same series and both were just soooooooo fabulous I couldn’t resist. Seriously, these are perfect HR romances that get in the heart and the funny bone!
(02) Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) [my review] by Marissa Meyer – CRESSSSS! Marissa Meyer hasn’t disappointed me yet and Cress is no exception! Cress and Throne are so cute and I love that Marissa can give us such an awesome story without it getting too boggled down by the multiple story lines.
(03) And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie – Favourite Agatha Christie book. It will blow your mind.
(04) The Winner’s Curse [my review] by Marie Rutkoski – Oh da drama! The second half of the book blew me away. Loved the dynamic between Kestrel and Arin (and the change in dynamic!) and the world and the plot and next book please!
(05) Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson – My first Brandon Sanderson and I loved it! So hilarious and action-packed. I need the next book now, please!
(07) Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) [my review] by Sarah J. Maas – so much, just so much. It’s intense and it’s kinda killing me and my poor ship. But, awesome friendship potential, definitely rooting for that!
(08) Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine – a creepy (asian-esque, ghost) retelling of Phantom of the Opera, what’s not to love!
(09) This Shattered World (Starbound #2) [my review] by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – Book 2 is just as awesome as book 1! Definitely loved the action and the relationship between Jubilee and Flynn (both great characters, fyi).
(10) Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews – Despite the ridiculously obvious romance cover, this book is hilarious. Seriously. And Neveda, our heroine is badass and awesome and has such a wonderful family! And lol her relationship with Mad Rogan. I love that he’s gotta work for it.
KIM’S TOP TEN READS!
(01) Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson – WOW. Probably one of the best high fantasy novels I’ve read in a long time.
(02) Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers – Totally changed my opinion about the trilogy. Sybella and Beast were amazing.
(03) Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers – Annith blew me away. Loved it!
(04) Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas – Celaena needs to stop. She’s so great and you could see definitely growth in her character. Plus Mannon Blackbeak? It was a slow start but a great read.
(05) Dissonance by Erica O’Rourke – Light, YA paranormal awesomeness.
(06) Kind of Cruel by Sophie Hannah – Way to mess with the mind book. It was so good. Superb writing and an interesting mystery.
(07) The Likeness by Tana French – I was captivated. There was something beautiful and dangerous about the book that I loved.
(08) Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan – The finale of such great adventures. It wrapped up in a way that I’m satisfied even if I want more with my favorite characters.
(09) Amulet series by Kazu Kibuishi – Gorgeous art and a story line that draws in readers of any age, not just children.
(10) The 6th Extinction by James Rollins – I love the Sigma Force series, but this was such a great addition to the series.
Remember to link me up to your top ten!
a bum OT, procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.