So today’s topic is 10 Best Books I’ve Read in 2015 (Doesn’t have to be released in 2015, just a book you’ve read in 2015). I’m super terrible at actually ranking my top ten, so here’s favourite in order of then I read them:
BEST BOOKS I’VE READ in 2015
(01) A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab [my review]: So good, this one! Because what’s not to love about Magic, a cross-dressing thief, sadistic kings (and queens), a royal who is equal parts Prince Harry and Jack Harkness (he’s seriously swoon-worthy), epic magicky fights scenes and a coat with more than two sides! I’m dying for book 2!
(02) The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski [my review]: ARRRG, Maria Rutkoski is queen of pulling out your heart and hanging it over the cliff. For serious, the angst and the cliffhanger. I just want Kestrel and Arin to be happpppy :'( (but yes, beautifully written book!)
(03) Uprooted by Naomi Novik [my review]: While Agnieszka is a hard name to say, it’s pretty easy to love her and her clutzy nature. It’s got a spooky a forest and a Dragon that’s actually a wizard and a rich magical tale of good versus evil. Just lovely!
(04) When the Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare [my review]: This book is unadulterated cuteness!! If the book cover doesn’t have you swooning, the story will. A shy Maddie and a the not so imaginary Logan are just amazing. The romance is perfection.
(05) The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson [my review]: Book two into the series and it’s still going strong! Lia got to be more badass and sassy, yay! And the romance (and lack of love triangle) makes me happy.
(07) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I’ve meaning to write a review for this, but I’ve been struggling with expressing in words how much I enjoyed this book. There’s so many characters and amazing they’re all awesome (though maybe some slightly more awesome than others). Killer of a cliffhanger ending, damn do I need more!
(08) The Martian by Andy Weir [my review]: I jumped on the bandwagon and I’m glad I did! I love space, and this book was awesome. It’s a roller coaster of emotions and oh the snark and sarcasm, perfection.
(09) Winter by Marissa Meyer [my review]: What can I even say about this? It’s sheeer perfection and the amazing wrap up to an amazing series. All the couples were so fantaaaaaastiiic! The story was action-packed.
(10) Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: Definitely an awesome finale to the series, it wrapped up everything nicely. Lots of action and lots of cute romance. I adored Gideon. Sofia and Gideon make such an awesome couple.
Remember to link me up to your top ten!
PS! Don’t forget to enter THE MIDWINTER’S EVE blog hop to win a book!
a bum a student again. A master’s student…oooh. procrastinator. reader. eater. sleeper. music listen-er. movie go-er. Loves food too much.