Happy Young Readers Day! So Casper Mattress is excited to celebrate National Young Readers Day (because it’s never too young to start reading!). And since it is a special day to recognize the joys and benefits of reading by sharing awesome bedtime stories, they’ve invited us to celebrate, and share our favourites with you guys! Here are the top books we at Book Munchies loved when we were kids.
- Armadillo Rodeo by Jan Brett – Her picture books are amazing. They’re full of gorgeous art and details that will captivate even the most reluctant readers. I adored this book, even as it fostered a need to own a pair of awesome cowboy boots. (A dream that is still unrealized.)
- Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola – One of my favorite picture book authors. This story was one I read over and over again as a child. It was such a silly story, but with an awesome meaning for kids to take away.
- The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsh & Michael Martchenko – Definitely one of my favourites from my childhood! There’s an awesome not-so-damsel in distress princess and a cool dragon. What’s not to love?!
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See by Bill Martin Jr & Eric Carle! I remember getting this book when I finished grade one from my teacher. It was amazing and I definitely spent a lot of time memorizing this book, muahaha.
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown and Pat Hancock – Gorgeous artwork.
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss – Love the rhymes!
Let us know what your go to/favourite bedtime reads were/(or are because I know I still love bed times stories – Cyn)!
Everything can be made better with a good book or some relaxing knits. 😀 Find me on IG @kimberlyh12 or on Twitter @enervated.